Friday, February 12, 2010

McQueen

Fact that Alexander McQueen committed suicide yesterday probably shocked all of us. I can't say that I was his biggest fan because I know only his newst collections. So I felt that it's the right time to look back at his creations. I want to share with you what I found from my old collection catalogs from years 2001-1009.



How amazing is the fur piece (the third from the right) with knitted knee socks and those shoes.

Now I'm sure that he was a genius.
Rest in peace.

But in other news... I did some fabric, DIY-materials, thrift store shopping today. I hope I can show you the result tomorrow or on Sunday.

11 comments:

  1. I´m shocked too. I´m so sorry for him because he was a genius. It´s not fair.
    I love your blog, I´ll waiting four you next post.
    www.caprichosdeana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a wonderful tribute post.

    and i can't wait to see your purchases!

    ReplyDelete
  3. did they finally come out and say it actually was a suicide?

    ReplyDelete
  4. His talent will live on forever.
    http://thedollhouse0101.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel so sorry for his family, it must be such a horrible time for them. He was an amazing artist.

    www.dressedupdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. so depressed....i loved his work...

    ReplyDelete
  7. so sad :(

    where did you get those books from/ what are they called?

    http://mydeardeerdiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. really wonderful photos. I'm so sad to hear this news too. he was beyond talented. RIP AMQ

    ReplyDelete