Monday, May 31, 2010

ERKI Moeshow 2010

On Saturday I attended ERKI moeshow, fashion show I've been talking about all the time. I ended up being a model for Kristi Pedanik collection "Aafrika valge" (African White). I'm trying to show you bit of life at backstage, ... but I wish I had taken more photos of other collections and people.

So for me the day started at 10am with getting my hair done. I had a huge bun made of fake hair on top of my head. It took lot of time to get all those hair pins and all that hairspray out of my hair. Okay, it wasn't that bad but I can't imagine going through this regularly like real models do.


And for make-up we were having light eyebrows and orange lips.



On our feet and arms we had white tribal paintings.


It was a silent show, so all the sound was coming from headphones. Both - audience and models were wearing headphones. Well, my headphones dropped out during walking on runway - it was really weird to walk in total quietness and I didn't get a right feeling without the music
.



Little bit about Kristi's collection African White. Everything isn't black, Africa is white. As name says everything was white but with few orange accents. As jewelry we wore metres of white cables, wires and even metal forks.



Kersti and me


with designer Kristi


Kristiina, Milen, Reelika, me






Check these pieces from Heli Haav's and Ingrid Paat's collection "Groovy Pool". All beads are handsewn, crazy!



and shoes, shoes, shoes and more shoes!



I was bit sad I couldn't see the show but you can't have many good things at once, right? Anyways I'm happy that this kind of shows take place in Estonia;)

29 comments:

  1. Wow, the clothes look great (on you)!
    How tall are you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks;)
    I'm 171cm, I was probably the shortest model there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ai see nii super kollektsioon ja tõesti tore et sellised showd ikka siin eestis toimuvad :)
    ja samuti oli tore ka sind näha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sa nägid laval päris ebakindel välja. Kas sa nerveerisid?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i always thought you'd be great as a model. looks like i wasn't wrong. were any of the other models proffessionals?(:
    the collection is amazing, the whites, the details, the cables, the fringes, the tribal paintings. it's all such a great mix of africa and futurism and it looks surprisingly great together

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, you look gorgeous :D
    those beaded bags are pretty stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woah .. nii vinge ;) ! Sul ikka veab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. seal oli kõvasti lühemaid modelle kui sina:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. tõsiselt hea modell olid! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vaga kenake naed valja! vaga modellilik :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @anonymous1: obvious ju, ma ei tee sellist asja igapäev ja ma pole kontsadel kõndimises ka just kõige osavam. ebakindlust lisas ka see, et mul kõrvaklapid ära kukkusid ja muusikat enam ei kuulnud..;( Aga õnneks ma ei kukkunud ega komistanud nagu ma kartsin :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. sa peaksid väga õnnelik olema ja seda hindama, et sulle nii hea võimalus anti!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You looked beautiful. What a great experience to walk down a silent catwalk! I would think it would be extremely weird, but really cool. I've wanted to put on a silent disco for a while now, but I'm a bit scared if people will think it's too weird.

    http://missingjames.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh i love this collection! how did you get involved with so many things like this? was it just through your blog?

    www.bighairandbikinis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. @anonymous: eks ma ikka olin õnnelik;), aga keegi teine oleks seda ilmselt palju rohkem hinnanud, sest modellikarjäär ei ole kindlasti mitte mu suurim unistus.

    @Tayler: I don't know actually:D The designer just contacted me and asked if I was interested.

    @Liisa: jee;);)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's interesting. You don't look like ur wearing a costume, u look like u actually fit into the clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. you looked beatiful i loved the whole silent show idea i think its amazing:) i love all the white and the tribal paint all over your legs, everything looks great i hope you had a blast!
    pd. you should really consider being a model;)


    <333

    ReplyDelete
  18. @anonymous: oh, do I look like I'm always wearing 10 metres of cable around my neck?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my god!! I've always thought that you would be an amazing model and now I see you are definitely soooo beautiful! I am not joking you should be interested in modeling, your face is amazing too:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hoopis teistsugune, aga väga väga ilus näed välja!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aitäääh;)

    @Anonyomus: Thanks, actuallly I am in a modeling agency already but I'm just not sure if I am interested in modeling...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great and amazing post, so inspiring! <3

    www.abitoffashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. you look incredible! i love the white body paint, such an amazing idea.

    ReplyDelete
  24. fotol näed sama pikk välja kui kersti, kes on ju nn päris modell. aga nii keha kui näo poolest sobiksid väga hästi modelliks tõesti.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Did you already modeled for any other designers?

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this post, cool captured photos!

    ReplyDelete
  27. @anonymous: no I haven't because I'm not a real model (yet).

    ReplyDelete