Tuesday, June 1, 2010

sticksandstones

On last week I visited Zoology&Geology Museum here in Tartu. I don't know... somehow it felt so inspiring that I decided to take some photos and share with you. The museum itself was mysterious too - dim light, lot of glass cupboards and dead animals staring at you with their glass eyes. I'm not suprise that many designers are inspired in world's fauna, it's just amazing. All those patterns and textures! And I'm not even gonna talk about mineral stones I saw at Geology Museum. I only wish I had skills for making jewelry out of them.

















and some other photos I found on web:





Sorry that I bothered you with photos  of taxidermy and stones, totally not fashion related :D

And two random photos from yesterday:
Trying on some swimming wear @lindex. oh god, swimwear and summer sandals selection here in Tartu is terribly small.. or I'm just too picky.



new sweatshirt and fur tail


And I just want to add that tomorrow I'm going on a class trip to Lithuania for three days. So I can't update either reply to your emails. Three days without internet - good for me;)

23 comments:

  1. Ohh.. tahaks ka Leedusse minna ;D . Kle ma arvan et ma olen ka seal muuseumis käinud , kunagi ammu , väiksena ;) . Ma tahaks ka omale uusi jalanõusid ,aga jah , Tartus eriti pole midagi saada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leetu* aga ma tahtsin mainida, et kas sa neid ehteid sarnaselt kui need siin ( http://needsupply.com/womens/accessories/opal-ring-1.html ) ei saaks teha?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, what a small world, you're comming to my country :) I would love to know in which location you're going to go. However, have a great trip !

    Greetings from Lithuania.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anonyomous: midagi sarnast ilmselt saaks, aga ma ei ole Tartus isegi leidnud ühtegi kohta, kust saaks poolvääriskive osta;(

    @Anonymous2: it's probably that usual tourist route - Palanga, Nida and so on. Thanks;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i'm from Lithuania too! and I'm a fan of your blog:) hope u'll have a great time here :)
    www.ohsoboheme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vinged pildid, see kala on eriti khuuli näoga :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ja sel kalal ja lindexi bikiinidel on ju peaaegu, et sama print :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. cool stuff you bought, have fun in Lithuania!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super pics! Love them all!
    Must say I have a soft spot for museum furniture- wish I could have just few of those fabulous cabinets in my house:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poolvääriskive vaata näiteks helmepoodidest veebis. Helmehaldjas.ee, ehtelaegas.ee... surfa veidi ringi, päris paljud veebipoed pakuvad erinevaid poolvääriskive.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love natural history. And dead stuffed animals, so I was not bothered at all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mood ja zooloogiamuuseum on vägagi ühenduses olnud ;). Võib-olla sa tead seda aga ka teistel on ilmselt lahe vaadata, mille Triinu Pungits seal on korraldanud. Natukene pilte: http://www.triinupungits.com/ekskursioon_menu.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm also from Lithuania. Su gut luck! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, good luck, I'm from Lithuania too. Where exactly you're going ? What you will be visiting ?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Äge, meie klass läheb ka Leetu ja arvatavasti samale reisile (kui palju neid klassireise Leetu ikka on! :D)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have a marvelous time in our country :)! Greetings from Vilnius :)
    it's summer here, for sure now :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. this place looks amazing!
    the pictures are so well took.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hay dear blogger! How are you?
    I'm glad that I've visited this blog! She's lovely.

    Please, check mine too & maybe we can follow eachother! You can also join my GIVEAWAY!

    Love, Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Maarika: ilmselt küll, seal hotellis vaid Eesti kooliõpilased olidki

    @Simona, Kristina, Auguste, Mysticca: Thanks, yeah, we had fun time and visited Palanga and Klaipeda.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that museum - it looks so quaint. Museums here in Boston are always "futuristic" and crowded and commercial-esque... this museum seems so lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. i love how you can find inspiration everywhere in this world. The textures and patterns are so raw and influencial. They remind me of what was going on inside Alexander McQueens head.

    http://jennaforjethro.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. awesome museum!!

    ReplyDelete