Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Kitchenette

On Monday I was looking around Tribeca area and found this cute litte restaurant called Kitchenette to have a lunch.
I love those not-trying-to-be-too-fancy places, where you can just feel very cosy and homely. For example when you order a coffee they will bring you a generous cup full of just hot and simple coffee..and refill it whenever you want. After that I really don't feel like ever going to Starbucks again.
Of course it would have been nice to order something traditional, something 'American' but I went for a Mediterrenean salad and was very happy with my choice. I'm sure I'm going to re-make it at home, super-easy, just some greens, roasted eggplant and peppers, artichoke hearts, handful of fresh mozzarella, all tossed over with basil vinaigrette. I think I might have to go back there for a breakfast one day, because a herb and goat cheese omlette sounds just too good and I haven't had pancakes in a while... gingerbread ones with pumpkin butter would be nice as I'm already in a holiday mood.




Kitchenette
156 Chambers Street
NYC 10007
Monday-Friday: 7:30am - 11:00pm
Saturday &Sunday; Brunch 9:00am - 4:30pm, dinner 5:00pm - 11:00pm

5 comments:

  1. Looks delicious!

    www.nolitavintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The salat looks really great!;) I´m so jealous on u, I want to be in NY too:)
    xx
    http://midtomnatten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a really cozy place, love it!!

    xoxo
    GnD

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious, really lovely. Are you enjoying your trip around the major fashion cities? It sounds amazing

    http://modadelamode.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete