Saturday, June 23, 2012

70s glory

Discovered the Barbican Estate in the middle of City of London yesterday, I really liked the atmosphere there. The residential estate was  built during the 1960s and the 1970s and  is a prominent example of British brutalist architecture.



Actually the main reason I went there was the Bauhaus: art as life exhibition at the Barbican Gallery.
 “Art as Life” focused on the entire development of the most famous art school of the last century: it’s influence in art, architecture, graphic design, interior & industrial design, and typography. Exemplar works from such Bauhaus Masters as Josef and Anni Albers, Marianne Brandt, Marcel Breuer, Wassily Kandinsky, Paul Klee, László Moholy-Nagy and Ludwig Mies van der Rohe were presented.
  I was truly impressed by the exhibition! I was thrilled to discover new and also see my old favourite works by Bauhaus masters. Definitely a go-go, open until August 12.

1 comment:

  1. The Bauhaus exhibition was amazing! I've been there totally unexpecting such an interesting exhibition, I was blown away! Especially for the way it was organized, from the beginning of the school to the very end. And the costumes by Schlammer? I've been in that room for half hour looking at them! Mind blowing!

    ReplyDelete