Saturday, July 7, 2012

I wish I could get another toy at Harrods

Yesterday I walked through the Hyde Park for the first time and also stopped by the Serpentine Gallery to see To The Light, a major exhibition of  the work of Yoko Ono. The exhibition includes several early works (e.g Cut Piece, 1964) as well as new projects like #smilesfilm.

 'My ultimate goal in film-making is to make a film which includes a smiling face snap of every single human being in the world. Of course, I cannot go around the whole world and take the shots myself. I need cooperation...'
Yoko Ono, 1967 

People from all over the world can have their photos taken at the gallery or upload photos by theirselves to twitter or instagram with hashtag #smilesfilm. Go to http://www.smilesfilm.com/ to find out more and be part of something huge!


Later I had a coffee at Serpentine's summer pavilion, this year designed by  Herzog & de Meuron and Ai Weiwei, and left my wish on one of the Yoko Ono's wish trees. (The wish in the picture 
isn't mine though)

The exhibition runs until 9 September, definitely go if you have a chance! I left with a smile on my face!

6 comments:

  1. LOVING THE POST <3

    xx

    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it was a perfect London day!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow awesome blog! love all your photos!

    x

    SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM
    P.S check out my giveaway and win some awesome chic 3D Glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to visit Harrods sometime. I think it would be a perfect place for me.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice!

    follow me back at
    http://www.armocromia.com/

    misspeony

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahh, i bet that exhibit was amazing!

    ReplyDelete