Saturday, July 13, 2013

fish market Saturday

This morning I jumped off my bed at 7 am and took a metro to Tsukiji fish market that actually already opens at 3 am with the arrival of the products by ship, truck and plane from all over the world.

Tsukiji market is  the biggest wholesale fish and seafood market in the world.

There's also an outer market with endless retail shops, restaurants and sushi counters.

Tuna pieces in soy sauce with wasabi for testing. 
Guess I had more than just one sample... easily the best tuna I've ever had.

Though I was already full from having sample pieces of everything offered at the market, having sushi at a fish market sounded the right thing to do. In fact, this was my first time in a sushi restaurant here (I've been in Tokyo for almost 4 weeks now). Beforehand I ironically thought that's what I would be eating here everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment