Saturday, July 27, 2013

Ueno Zoo

It was my last Saturday and my last day-off in Tokyo. Can't believe I've already been here for 1,5 months and coming back home very soon. I decided to take it very easy and just stroll around in Ueno park and zoo. (It ended up being quite a challenge as the weather was blistering hot and the zoo was just huge).

Ueno Zoological Gardens is the oldest zoo in Japan, founded in 1882.

It was beautiful! Even if the animals don't interest you that much, it was still a nice place for a walk. Felt like a big jungle in the middle of city with all those bird and bug sounds, palm trees and little streams.

Birds were probably my favourite, such a beautiful elegant creatures.

Main attraction of the zoo was a giant Panda, ...I think they even have two of them. 
And it was alll about pandas, I'm talking about big panda souvenir stores, panda photo booths and panda shaped food at zoo's cafe. 

Refreshment alley!

A gift from Embassy of Thailand in Tokyo

No comments:

Post a Comment