Thursday, September 26, 2013

How to: Acai bowl breakfast

Acai bowls were probably the best things I tried in Tokyo (yes, even after all the fresh fish)

Back at home I had to come up with a really easy way how to make it myself.

Frozen pureed acai isn't sold in Estonia so I had to opt for acai powder.

How to:
(1 serving)

1. Mash one ripe banana, add some liquid to make the process easier. Here you can use milk, juice or even water. My favorite option is mango puree.
(It's also a good idea to freeze bananas before to get a nice icy desert)
You can use a blender here but just a fork does the job as well!
2. Add 1-2 teaspoonfuls of acai powder.
Purple acai berry grows in Brazil's Amazonian rainforest and is known for its health benefits.

3. Stir until you get nice purple puree.
3.Now top it with whatever you like: I usually add a handful of chocolate granola, chia seeds and cocoa nibs.
Be generous with fruit and berries. Recently I made one with fresh figs as they're in season. 
Be creative! :)
You'll find a lot of different bowl ideas on Sambazon website.

It has became my favorite breakfast and the best alternative to greek yogurt+granola routine.


  1. Kas Tartus on seda Acai pulbrit müüa? Tahaks ka vaheldust kreeka jogurtile ja müslile, mida söön peaaegu igal hommikul.

    1. Jaa on ikka, Biomarketis ja seal Kaubamaja toiduka mahetoidu osakonnas.:)