Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Alexander Calder. Multum in Parvo

The number of art galleries is New York is simply overwhelming and I rarely see something I really-really like. Things were different today, I'm feeling super inspired after visiting Dominique Lévy gallery in uptown. They are showing a collection of 40 miniature works by American sculptor Alexander Calder (1898-1973). Taking its title, MULTUM IN PARVO, from the Latin phrase meaning “much in little,” the exhibition explores the ways in which Alexander Calder’s most diminutive works, ranging from thumb-sized to thirty inches tall, achieve monumental impact.
I have always loved Calder's monumental kinetic sculptures and seeing so many of them in mini versions all together was even better. 


  1. Nii lahe! Meenutab mulle Barcelonas külastatud Joan Miró muuseumit, nagu tema maalid, aga 3Ds!
    My blog: BOWTIE DIARY

  2. Come to Boston, at the MIT we have Calder's work as well: http://goo.gl/lj9CL9