Saturday, May 16, 2015

Food and drinks aka wine&tapas in Barcelona

Food always deserves a special post, no? I wasn't that familiar with Spanish cuisine before but I was eager to discover and try everything and I ended up having pretty much everything from paellas, Spanish potato omelette to anchovies  and other seafood tapas.

First, Afrodita, small restaurant we stumbled upon in Gothic Quarter.
 perfect for the afternoon sangria (what a generous glasses they had, couldn't even finish half of it). Also, there's seating in an adorable courtyard where you can get a glimpse of local life.

Late lunch at Cervecería Catalana, that was recommended by many as the best tapas place in the town and we didn't have to disappoint. I thought it would be crowded, too touristic and over-priced but it was quite the opposite. It's great you can actually sit by the bar, see the food and order by it looks.. perfect for me who didn't understand the menu in Spanish. We had four round of tapas and all were good! My favourites were scallops gratinéed with cheese and spinach and razor clams.
Cervecería Catalana
Carrer de Mallorca, 236

Casa Guinart right next to famous Boquiera food market. Probably the most touristic place where I ended up but they had a great burrata salad nevertheless.