Saturday, June 20, 2015

Maison Kitsuné café in Tokyo

Last Saturday I met up with Siiri who is visiting Tokyo with her friend. We walked around and I showed her some of my favourite places in Tokyo (I almost even felt like a local for a second).  Luckily we stumbled upon Café Kitsuné where I had been wanting to go since I first visited their branch in Paris (blogpost). Good coffee, tea and talk (hell yes, it was nice to talk in Estonian for a change). 

Although the cafe is modern and hip, serving one of Japan´s best coffee by baristas trained by  Kunitomo Eiichi, Omotesando Koffee´s founder, I love how they have kept their interior very traditional -  low ceilings, fusuma-style sliding doors, monogramed Japanese cedar parquet floor and bamboo walls.



Kitsune means fox in Japanese so Siiri with her huge fox tattoo was perfect fit in the cafe, although Japanese generally don't approve of tattoos, because these are associated with the Japanese gangsters (the yakuza) so you're not allowed to public pools, resorts and gyms if you have any.  


gluten-free (of course) foxy cookies!


No comments:

Post a Comment