Saturday, June 6, 2015

Soba noodles - Tokyo cheap eats

Yesterday I had a really big urge to finally try traditional soba (buckwheat noodles). You can either have them in broth like a soup or separately with a dipping sauce.
I picked totally random place again and it was one of those super cheap shabby standing bar restaurants where you pick your food and get a ticket from a vending machine. 

Menu was completely in Japanese so I picked a random item from the ticket machine. Two minutes later the chef handed me a bowl of piping hot soba noodles in broth with some green tempura (still not sure what it was). The price was just 2,7€. 
I still haven't got my head around how the Japanese slurp their noodles and finish off dishes so quickly... I had to wait several minutes before eating and still burnt my tongue and lips very badly!

No comments:

Post a Comment