Friday, July 10, 2015

Guide: good smoothie and juice bars in Tokyo

Tokyo is not like health/diet fanatic New York where you find cold pressed juices and superfood smoothies on every street corner. 
Out of very few smoothie bars I found, many of them didn't boast with very good quality or taste. On some occasions smoothies were more like overly sweet fruit cocktails rather than healthy drinks. After 1,5 months I learned at least something and knew where to go for a good one..

I list some of favourites here for the next visit to Tokyo

Urban Research's Greenbar with a mascot bear named Smelly.
inside Q Plaza Harajuku, 1st Floor
6-28-6 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo

Beside smoothies and coffee they also had a selection of jewelry and nailpolishes that (unintentionally) matched with the green smoothie. 

Bebible

Acai smoothie - I loved the thick texture that made it very fulfilling and replaced a light lunch.

Cosme Kitchen Juicery
The Juicery is sidebusiness of Cosme Kitchen - the best store in Tokyo for organic beauty/hair/health products
located just inside Daikanyama Station
smoothie I tried was good, juice not so...


ELLE Café 
Roppongi Hills, 6-10-1, Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo ‎

prettiest juices I have ever seen!

I had a smoothie called "Roots Rouge" -  finally a smoothie with a lot of ginger in it, that hot spicy kick was exactly what I needed.


2 comments:

  1. When I hit 35, I knew full well my health was in a downward spiral if I didn't meet it head on. I wasn't looking healthy and got overweight, thankfully, Green drink really helped me there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I made my first green smoothie a few weeks ago and failed miserably. Smoothie Detox

    ReplyDelete