Monday, February 22, 2016

Kyoto Diary part 2

As I unfortunately had only one day in Kyoto, it ended up being very intense, wanting to see and walk around as much as possible. Yet I already want to go back! Even if less than 24 hours, it was still one of the best trips I have ever had. 

Afternoon I decided to explore the central Kyoto, starting off from the Nishiki food market where I tried a quail egg stuffed baby octopus for the first time. The look of it was just so intriguing I couldn't resist.
I spent rest of the around Gion, the Geisha district, and Higashiyama , the "old town" area where even the telephone poles were recently removed to bring back the feeling of old days. 




1000 origami cranes, a legend says that anyone who folds a thousand origami cranes will be granted a wish by a crane or even an eternal good luck

Premium grade matcha ice cream - my favourite treat in Japan!


A love how the sky suddenly turned black but somewhere sun was still shining creating a magical and even bit mystical atmosphere. 


An impressive tree outside of the Shore-in temple

My last destination before catching a bullet train back to Tokyo was Fushimi Inari shrine. It's the most important of all the shrines dedicated to Inari, the Shinto god of riceFoxes are thought to be Inari's messengers, resulting in many fox statues across the shrine grounds. The shrine is famous for its Senbon Torii aka thousands of torii gates The torii gate covered hiking trail leads up to  into the wooded forest of the sacred Mount Inari. Walking through it was another dream come true!


No comments:

Post a Comment