Thursday, February 18, 2016

Osaka pt 3

On my last night in Osaka I wandered around the main downtown area - Dotonbori. Previously I had read that Osaka is not only one of the Japan's but also world's culinary capital. This was clearly seen in Dotonbori where hundreds of eateries were lined up, cheap izakayas next to Michelin-star restaurants. The dishes most distinct to Osaka are takoyaki (fried octopus balls) and okonomiyaki (a kind of Japanese savoury pancake). I love them both equally!



Takoyaki - octopus balls usually served with special sauce and mayonnaise. I tried them with lemon and rock salt this time. obsessed

The streets of Dotonbori were even more crowded than in Tokyo and beared crazy neon signs, including including some enormous crab and octopus statues. 

After a couple of hours of walking and just admiring the scenery, it was time for dinner. For starters - kimchi, beer and my new favourite kitty 

Okonomiyaki covered with special sauce, mayonnaise, seaweed and dried bonito (tuna) flakes







No comments:

Post a Comment