Saturday, April 9, 2016

SEOUL: Jean Paul Gaultier at DDP

Talking about coincidences.. The Jean Paul Gaultier exhibition I missed it Paris a while ago, was opened in Seoul last week. The extensive showcase is covering Gaultier's whole career proving it's not only about the infamous cone bra.. Although I have to admit that the underwear section was my favourite of the exhibition. 
His work was displayed Through such themes  as “The Boudoir,” “The Odyssey,” “Skin Deep/X-rated,” “Punk Cancan,” “Urban Jungle,” “Metropolis” and “Les Mariees”. Original design sketches and garments were accompanied with video footages and photos by renowned photographers.

March 26 ~ June 30, 2016
at DDP Design Exhibition Hall







The exhibition takes place at DDP - Dongdaemun Design Plaza, a huge cultural complex designed by  Zaha Hadid.  Definitely an iconic landmark of Seoul




1 comment:

  1. The clothes look so gorgeous. I wish I could see it in person.

    ReplyDelete