Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Seoul: Jungang Central Market

Another Sunday afternoon when I accidentally got off the beaten tourist track and saw some more of "authentic Seoul". In my opinion, taking subway here is so exhausting and nerve-racking that this one time, instead of transfering and getting to my desired destination I got off at a random stop, Sindang Station. Getting to the ground, I was welcomed by a bustling streets crowded with people selling their old stuff. Right there was also an entrance to Jungang market. This market is not even listed on any of the tourism information sites in English so it's strictly locals-only market and I was the only "lost tourist" there.  

I loved the vibe felt just like I had entered another country.. another world where time had stopped in the 1970's.

From the huge indoor market one can find everything from piles of kimchi, fresh animal hearts to dog meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment