Friday, June 10, 2016

Milan: Villa Necchi-Campiglio

Expect some upcoming posts about Milan because this is where I am going to spend the next few weeks. It's my first time in the city so there must be a lot to discover, or at least I hope so!

Already on my second day here I felt like I needed to escape from castings&work madness and headed to Villa Necchi-Campiglio, an oasis in the hectic city.
 Constructed in 1930's (by Piero Portaluppi), the house has remained completely intact, both inside and outside with its yard, swimming pool and tennis court. The property has been opened to public since 2008 and now anyone can walk around in the yard, enjoy a drink or lunch by the pool and take guided tour inside the villa. I was very happy I took the tour, worth the 10 euros. There so much to see inside - endless inspiration and awe.

The place might seem familiar in case you have seen 2009's film "Io Sono l'amore" (aka I am Love) starring Tilda Swinton as the main part of he movie is filmed at the very same villa. 

Villa Necchi Campiglio
via Mozart, 14 - 20122 Milano, Italia 

Amazing veranda! When I was little I was dreaming of living in a green house, well, this is even better

Bathrooms were definitely my favourite, black tiles and round windows imitating the ones in ships. 

Dining room


No comments:

Post a Comment