Thursday, July 6, 2017

SEOUL: Mountain Corner

Sanmotoongi (literally "mountain corner") is a coffee shop nestled somewhere between Bugaksan and Inwangsan mountains offering excellent views to the both. Getting there was part of the fun. I took a bus to Buam-Dong neighborhood and continued walking through quiet hilly residential area (at some point I ended up in someone's backyard and cornfield ?) Was dripping sweat and hardly breathing when I finally arrived in the cafe. 

Sanmotoongi (산모퉁이)
 153, Baekseokdong-gil Jongno-gu Seoul 110-816 

 The cafe became extremely popular after appearing in Korean drama The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince, so be ready to pay 6-8€ for a coffee, but it is definitely worth the view (and the excruciating walk uphills)




Seoul Fortress Wall in the background and a remainder of the war

As I decided to explore the area more, my afternoon stroll literally became a hike including trekking through the forest of Baeksasil Valley. Later it took me hours the find the way out back to the civilization (and any kind of public transportation). 


On of the small roads I found this temple where quiet music was playing and lanterns were blowing in the wind with mountainous landscape in the background. There was no people in sight and it all felt very surreal and magical. One of those pinch-yourself kind of moments...



1 comment:

  1. Picture of you in the hat OMG, so lovely. Do you mind if I propose marriage via this comment space?

    ReplyDelete